( x posted to tumblr )
seeing that post about the location used for Hannibal’s house by the sea made me decide to make a separate post about my headcanon house for hannigram in s4 ^ (even though I already rambled about it in another post) because frankly I am in love with the place.
The stream / waterfall it backs on to...
( which is visible from the glass-walled dining room; and those trees are eucalyptus, so it even smells relaxing. ).
( imagine what they could do with this long glass hallway and some blood! )
( Hannibal could easily squeeze a harpsichord or baby grand in here )
( that upward-swooping roof on the left-hand side of the upper storey is the ceiling over the master bedroom; the whole room is like the seaside house! ).
( and the plans also indicate that one of the building materials is travertine; the same stuff Hannibal’s kitchen counters and backsplash were made of back in Baltimore! ).
So, to sum up:
- It has the same Frank Lloyd Wright ‘Fallingwater’ vibe of Hannibal’s original choice. (which means 3 things:
- 1 - they could play the most pretentious game of poohsticks ever,
- 2 - their home is a literal bridge; symbolism up the wazoo,
- 3 - someone could die in the top bit and an artistic curdle of blood could flow all the way down ...)
- it also has a reflecting pool so Hannibal can do some lengths in the morning (since we know he swims; convenient excuses for him to be scantily-clad and wet about the house.)
- decent-sized dining room with a great backdrop, but separate from the kitchen so Hannibal can still
never not be killing people in theredo his ‘wheel out and reveal the dishes’ ta-da.
- the rough stone and the surroundings give it a woodsy vibe in deference to Will’s preference for log cabins (nice chunky chimney-piece & fireplace, just like the one his dogs slept around in Wolf Trap.)
- private and secluded (for Will) but there’s lots of glass so he can still see and be seen from every possible room (for Hannibal).
- if you did what they did with the original cliffside house you could say that the woods are on a steep hill overlooking the sea, leading down to a private cove or beach in Argentina/similar (so they still get their beach holiday/drinking-cocktails-out-of-skulls scenario.)
- plenty of room for pianos and/or dogs
- bedrooms are right next to each other for
- delicious/angsty/slowburn/first-time fics,
latest-fuck-up-with-sex-deprivation-and- is-pining-through-the-wall-at-Will-like- a-murdery-’do-you-wanna-build-a-snowman? ’ comedy fics.
Bienvenido a Casa Graham-Lecter.
( x posted to tumblr )